Creating A Slideshow
Posted by CatholicWeb Admin on 08 June 2009 04:48 PM
Do you have pictures from an outing or event that you would like to put on your EZ Web site and just don't know where to start? Perhaps you just didn't know you could create a slide show. Either way, EZ Web has a built in Slide Show generator that makes it easy to create a professional slide show.
To demonstrate, check out this example Slide Show created for a golf outing.
To get started, you will need to first prepare and upload your images to your Image/File Center. To do this, follow this steps:
1) Click on your Image/File Center icon in the top left hand corner.
Note: You can upload multiple images at once using the same method. Simply click the Upload Multiple Images link, which is just above the Upload button. This will give you five locations where you can select images for upload, which is especially handy when you are uploading a slide show's worth of pictures.
Now that you have your images uploaded, we can now move on to creating your slide show.
1) The slide show feature is a layout option of an article. So we will want to create a new article by clicking Step 4 - Article Content, and then New Article.
2) In the Layout section of our new article, we need to select the Slide Show option, which is the lower right option. Be sure to click Save when you have selected the Slide Show layout option.
3) Next, we will need to define the introduction and content information located in the Content section. Here you can give your article a Category, a Headline, and Sub-Titles if necessary.
4) Additionally, this is where you will define where the Slide Show article shows up, just like a regular article. Select your display locations, and be sure to click Save. Next is the Teaser section.
5) Create a Teaser if desired, and be sure to select display locations.
6) Finally, we are now ready to organize our images. Click on Images, and you will see the Image Selection screen.
7) Under Slide Show Settings, you have the option of Displaying slides in a continuous loop. Check this box only if you don't want a start and end image. If you don't select this box, your slide show will have a beginning and an end, and buttons on the actual Slide Show will provide quick access to beginning, previous image, next image, and end.
8) Additionally, you have the option of determining how the slides transition, whether it be by the user, or automatically at a given time interval. Use the radio buttons to decide how your Slide Show functions.
9) Now you can click on the Purple Box, which will take you to your Image/File Center where you can select your first image. Be sure to enter your caption in the space provided below your image.
10) To add a new slide, you can click the link that reads Click Here To Add A Slide. Note that you have the ability to add as many slides as you'd like and you don't have to place an image in them right away.
11) You can also delete a slide easily by clicking Delete, and moving slides up and down in the order is as simple as using the left and right arrows on the slides. Remember to click Save when complete.